The continuing drama...

Monday, August 14, 2006

Not even close

No I absolutely didn't stick to my list. But I didn't break the bank, either. Fortunately, being an obsessive sock knitter is not the most expensive habit. Plus, Mom said that we did our part for the economy this weekend (us and 1000 other people).

Here's what I actually brought home:

a beaded shawl stick
a skein of cashmere sock yarn (but it may end up being wrist warmers or fingerless gloves)
the Swallow Hill rayon and beads for my very own April scarf
3 sock yarns: 2 skeins of Regia silk in a pretty medium brown, Opal Tiger, and Mountain Colors Bearfoote in Lodgegrass
a 665 yard skein of natural undyed Alpaca to make a shawl
a poncho kit from Shelridge Farm (Editorial comment: their yarn is beautiful and a joy to knit with!)
a needle felting kit
a felted evening bag pattern
a circular needle case (why did I wait so long to buy one?)
and the infamous Lantern Moon sheep tape measure (see comment above - what's cuter than a tape measure you pull out of a sheep's butt?)

Classes were great. Saturday morning I had Basic Brioche with Nancy Marchant and it was a good class, but hard. The basic stitch is not that hard, but I had a lot of trouble with the increases and decreases. I would have liked to try the second brioche class in the afternoon, but I definitely wasn't ready for that. Maybe next year. And maybe I'll try the brioche hat and neck warmer from Melanie Falick's "Weekend Knits". Sunday morning Mom and I had Mastering Yarn Substitution with Kellie Nuss. We both really loved her as a teacher, but there was almost too much information for a 3 hour class, so she started speaking too fast and it was a little hard to follow the math. We suggested that they should have an Intro to Yarn Substitution and then the Mastering... class. Then beginning knitters would be catered to and the Mastering could get more technical with the math.
All in all it was a great weekend, but boy was I tired last night. I really hate getting up at 6 any day of the week, but Saturday and Sunday especially hurt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home