The continuing drama...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Catching up

Boy, I really haven't posted in a while...


In knitting news, I finished Scott's Christmas socks (picture to follow) and he has been happily wearing them around the house. It makes me very happy to see him walking all over my hard work! I've been working on the Portland sweater slowly - I have about 1/2 the first sleeve complete. I ordered size 4 circulars thinking I could knit both sleeves at once to save time, but I like the gauge of the sleeve much better on size 4 DPNs. So even though it will take longer, I think I'll be happier in the long run. Of course, by the time the sweater is done it will be consistently in the 60s here! I also cast on the Jaywalker socks last Sunday during the Bears game (what was I thinking!). But I only dropped 4 stitches. I'm knitting them in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mineshaft. They're coming out pretty well, but I actually like the color better in the skein than I do knit up. I've found that I have a little bit of pooling with this pattern that I didn't have with other patterns knit in Lorna's Laces. But who can't use more grey socks!


In other news, today is day one of the South Beach Diet, so this blog has now become rants on knitting, parrots, and personal accountability. The day isn't going too bad, except that I have a dull headache, but that's to be expected. My name is Laura and I have a sugar addiction. I was shocked when I took my waist measurement last night. I'm not ready to publicly say what it was, but I'll fess up after Phase 1 when it's a couple of inches smaller. I also decided that I'm not going to stress about exercise right now (I need to deal with my food issues first), but I bought The Bean because it was on sale at Ulta. So if I'm sitting on it watching TV and I happen to get rock hard abs in 7 minutes a day then more power to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home