The continuing drama...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Catching up

Well, I took some pictures tonight so we have the mid-month sock update!


First of all, I finally finished the Jaywalker socks and I must say that I'm disappointed. I should have known when it was taking me so long to finish them. The pattern is cute, and I really like how the top cuff is wavy, but the heel construction is funny and I don't think the gusset increases & decreases are right. They really don't fit well around the ankle and in the heel. You may be able to tell in the pictures. I also really don't like knitting top-down socks - I just don't think you can customize the fit as easily. Anyway, without further ado, here they are:








Right after I finished the Jaywalker socks, I cast on my Macaw socks. These are made with the Valley Yarns "Franklin" from Webs. I found a feather lace pattern and I think they're coming along very cute. They're maybe a little brighter than my usual taste but they really have all the colors of a Catalina Macaw which is my favorite.





And I finally got pictures of Scott's already well-worn Christmas/New Years socks.








And the most important news of all is that on March 5th I will become an Assistant Manager for Ann Taylor Loft! I am so excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home